Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Customer (un)Support

Today I tried calling customer support for DYMO, which is a label printer company, because the product key that we were given to install the software said it was invalid because it had already been used. Well, knowing that I hadn't installed the printer on any other computer nor had I used the product key before I thought I would call customer support to see what the deal was.

I expected pretty prompt service- after all these companies need customers to be happy to continue business right? Well I was wrong. By a bit. Three calls, two hang-ups and explaining the situation to several people I finally get what I need. Apparently the support part of customer support seems to be misleading. Either that or there idea of support and mine are miles apart.

The only good thing about being on the phone for an hour with these people is when I finally get what I need it's more than what I originally called for. So maybe bitching at the customer service rep does help, but again that seems kinda unsupportive for these guys.

So what I have learned- plan a large chunk of time to get whatever you need, bitch out customer service about their lack of customer service, and hope you get a support/tech person who understands what you need and is willing to help you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment